How to Apply Nail Polish? Having fabulous nails can complete any look so we all try to achieve a beautiful finish when it comes to applying nail polish.
Whether you are applying it yourself or taking a trip to the nail salon it’s worth knowing the best tips and tricks to ensure a show-stopping look.
- Ensure your nails are clean and free from any of the natural oils, use a nail varnish remover and cotton pads for best results.
- Push back cuticles – this will help to keep them healthy and ensure a better application of your polish.
- File nails to your desired shape and apply a base coat. This is an area that’s often neglected, however, it’s essential to having gorgeous nails, it protects your nails and helps the actual color last longer.
- Good nail polish application begins with the first stroke, start in the center, and works your way out. This helps you to get the right coverage of coverage on each nail.
- Adding 2 coats of color instead of one maximizes the color and intensity.
- Seal the look with a clear top coat for maximum shine and protection.
- Soak nails in nail polish remover for around 10-15 minutes.
- Gently remove the polish from each nail.
Having beautiful nails can really complete the perfect look, so follow these tips for achieving maximum effect when applying nail polish.
What are some tips for applying nail polish?
1. Start with a clean base. Before painting your nails, make sure to remove all traces of existing nail polish and clean the surface of your nails with a cotton pad soaked in a polish remover.
2. Smooth out the surface. Push back and remove any excess cuticles on your nails, then use a nail file to file your nails in one direction, either in a rounded or squoval shape.
3. Apply a base coat. Always apply a base coat before applying your colored polish. This helps prevent the color from staining your nails.
4. Use thin coats. Applying thin, even coats of nail polish will help avoid any streaks and will help your polish dry faster.
5. Seal with a top coat. Applied after the color layer, the top coat helps prevent nail polish from chipping and gives a glossy, professional finish.
6. Let your nails dry. Let your freshly painted nails dry for a few minutes before doing any activity to prevent smudging. You can also blow on them with a blow dryer or dip them in cold water to speed up the drying process.
What type of nail polish brush should I use for applying nail polish?
It is best to use an art or liner brush when applying nail polish. These types of brushes are small and have tightly packed bristles that help achieve a neat, smooth finish. Make sure you choose a good quality brush for an even and streak-free application.